KT-120 tubes vs Gold Lion KT88's

Hi everyone I have recently purchased my first set of kt-120 tubes
for my cary cad-120s amp and I must say what a difference especially in techno music! The bass just goes so low, though I need a second set of tubes for once these end there life. Instead of scrambling cash for a new set last minute. I was thinking of getting gold lion kt-88 since such praise from them. And would like to try them out for the fun of it. How do the gold lions compare to the tung-sol
kt-120s?
128x128jakecanada

Showing 1 response by jakecanada

No the kt-120s are a better stable tube then the kt-88 to bias in the cad-120 I have noticed. Plus you Bias them same as you would regular kt-88's. I set them though around 140 MA, and I got them for $450 USD all in at upscale. Plus they match them for free a added bonus. They do how ever put out a little more heat for sure. I have a solid tech ROS4 Reference stand which is a not inclosed. I have the cad 120s on the bottom and about 1.5 inches from the bottom X shelf of my SLP-98p. Though I have the feet of silence under it and adapters. which raises it 4.5 inches above the cad120, so i guess I can call it 6 inches clearance in the end. Though I do not have an actual shelf just the X cross beams for the feet of silence. So I call it an unclosed design though at the end of the day it dose get hot at the aluminium centre ring.