krell KCT vs krell EVO 202 both preamp

Hi, i'm in the market for upgrading and i'm interesting in purchasing the krell EVO 202 preamp in the use market. I have never heard them side by side so any suggestion or advise will help, How is the sound (clean, transparent, image, staging, dynamic) between them? Is it worth it to upgrade from the kct to the evo 202?

Thanks
mac

current system.

KRELL KCT(PREAMP)
KRELL FPB 450MCX (AMP)
ESOTERIC X-01 LIMITED (SACD-CD PLAYER)
TRANSPARENT REFERENCE XL CABLING AND CAST.
banmac
This may not help, but I just got a Phantom III (my FPB600 doesn't have CAST), on a recommendation from Patrick at Krell. I had a KRC-HR and was trying to decide between going to a KCT or saving up for a 202 or Phantom. I would think that based on my KRC to Phantom results, that you would gain in all parameters. My Phantom is more open, quicker, better soundstage with a more solid image, and more transparent as well.

Hope this helps,
Mike
hi, after i speak to patric at krell service, i finally did my upgrade to the evo 202. What he said is true, the evo 202 is another level up from the kct. After installed, the bass is what i notice first. Second, the music is very revealing with huge soundstage and very very clean sounding. Cabling with transparent reference xl interconnect. Cast cable is next..(by the way if anybody who is interesting in the kct.... is available)