Krell home theater standard 2 vs. Theta Casa Nova

Hello audio Gurus!
I am in the process of building up a 2 ch and home theater that will also serve in a limited capacity as a living room. I have some Bel Canto amps, and now I need to decide on the procesor which will need to do excellent 2 channel, home theater and sacd/ dvd-a( which I am new to). I just came across these two processors at a good price at a local 2nd hand audio place. Can anyone comment on how well they will work for me? I unfortunately will not likely be able to home audition them. I may not even be able to hear them pre purchase so I will be leaning heavily on the advise received here. I am also deciding on speakers but that is another can of worms/thread but it is looking like vr4jr or eggleston rosa/fontains if that helps with "synergy" considerations.
Thanks in advance!
Sam
superfly676

Showing 2 responses by superfly676

Not 6 hours after making this post I recieved an email from a second hand audio dealer and he has a Casa Blanca I for about the same money as the Casa nova. The CB has the superior dacs all around and is in good (although old) condition. A couple of the analog audio in jacks are intermittantly loosing signal. I think it would give the an upgrade path if necessary later on that the CN may not.
Sound quality on the CB was just a non event. It just wasnt there, purely transparent. No signature imparted at all and just music. My only concern is the age of the unit, and if a couple of analog inputs are faulty, is it likely somthing else is failing? Is there anything on the CB that is known to fail that I should check out?
Anyone know the price to upgrade this one to a casa blanca II or III.
What are the differances?
Thanks
Sam