Krell 700cx monster vs Bryston 14/4bsst/10bLR 2way

I currently have the Bryston 14bsst for 2-12"volt(same as PMC MB-2)woofers per side and a 4bsst for my mid(ATC 75/150)and high(scanspeak 9700)(mid/hi are passive).I use a Bryston 10bLR for active duties,what i was wondering was if anyone has ever tried this or simular and tried a Krell monster after.I heard a HTS once and liked the sound alot,but would a 700 give the same volume level(i like it LOUD at times)as the Bryston combo?My speakers fully passive are 4ohms.I am not judging sound quality only loudness.thanks John
mclsound

Showing 2 responses by stevecham

That Krell is in a whole different class of amp than is the the Bryston. But you will not get all the performance it is capable of with that preamp. Also what are your sources?

I had a 4BST and then 7BST and now a Krell 400cx. The Brystons can't hold a candle to the Krell cx series.
John, good call on the KCT. And be sure to use CAST. This turns the pre/power system into an "integrated amp" configuration with the connection remaining in the current domain (high impedance output into low impedance input)