Klipsch Chorus II for $600, yes or no?

Who has these speakers and do you think this is a good price? I know they sound amazing but value wise, could I do better for $600?
They are in mint condition, cosmetically and apparently (haven't heard them yet) the speakers are also in very good condition for their age.

I'm quite keen on getting them, just need a nudge from a couple of people who may know them better than me.

I've had (and still own some) Boston Acoustics, Monitor Audio Gold 10s, B&W 683s and 602s, DBX SF-150s, Bose 301s and I've heard and like the Klipsch KG4s
mangist

Showing 2 responses by mahlman

If they are in decent shape that is a super price and they won't last long. 101db efficient and super good sounding Chorus is my favorite heritage Klipsch speaker. Make sure you re-cap the crossover if you get them as all those old caps are out of spec.
  Aftermarket parts and technical support from other users is second to none.
" About the crossover swapout, are these really necessary? What difference would it make to the sound vs. just leaving the speakers at factory spec? "
  OK if those capacitors were in spec there would be no reason to rebuild. I use a B&K 885 meter to measure inductance and capacitance and I will tell you flat out those appx 30 year old capacitors will have high ESR at the least and the capacitance may have drifted too. I have gone through dozens of sets of old Klipsch speakers and not one set of crossovers was factory spec. If you know how to solder this is easy to do and won't cost much. Last set of Chorus I's I had were pretty sour until recapped and I wish you could have heard the difference before you asked this question.