Just retired and want to get back to vinyl listening

I'm reeducating myself.... after years of no TT and focusing on just stereo listening.. I had a some early Klipsch Hersey’s and some GENESIS speakers pair with Yamaha receiver and low end turntable 30-40 years ago -- I can afford a higher end setup this days -- so what are thoughts on pairing a luxman l-550axII with Klipsch cornwalls?

I like the Herseys for music in the day.. cornwalls seem to be larger herseys but may well need audtion some of the tower types folks seem to tout..

I still thinking on TT -- but may get a VPI scout or prime -- thinking through the cartridge choices and other things is still a serious education -- recc?

music taster are varied -- jazz to singer vocalist miles davis - linda Ronstadt and a host of others for vocal musics and instruments- soft rock of the 70-80s- to some classical

thoughts -- looking to 15-20K for the refit for stereo listening - but could stretch some if I like the setup

steventoney
@steventoney

Was
hoping myself for some others to comment on the Super Nine vs. the Gibbon X.
Steven, I might have an expensive taste but I don't have a lot of funds and do my best not to waist them. But sometimes you just have to pay the price or not buy right now and wait.
Here is Audio Note integrated with phono. I know nothing about it but perhaps somebody does. If you choose Audio Note speakers and want to try tubes this may be one of the possibilities.
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/tube-signature-2017-09-21-integrateds
inna - thanks  - I appreciate what you and others say -- so it all helps with learning and final choices

the AN - OTO is indeed a nice SET amp -- would go well with AN speakers as you note -- it would need well chosen speakers to go with it's 10 watts -- it too has a great phone stage

again -- all thanks for input and discuss -- it is moving van day and it is raining for the first day in weeks here in northern VA
As for a solid base I have used a 4-foot piece of cement sewer pipe stood on end as a base, painted it white which has no aual effect but considerable visual.

It will hold your turntable stable in space and time.

Barry Thornton