Jolida202a vs. Creek 4330

I am considering the purchase of either a Creek 4330 or Jolita 202a. I tracked down my local dealer. This is the highest end that this poboy is able to reach. I thought the Jolita was good in performance and looks but I was a bit annoyed with what was like a 'wash' or 'screen' of a sort of hiss. It wasn't constant but seemed to fluctuate with the volume of the music. I can't imagine that enthusiasts have experienced the same and still have such praise for the unit. The dealer explained it to me as possibly a poorly seated tube (although he couldn't fix it) or what he called 'tube rush' as an admitted amateur in tubes amps I have no idea what it is. Do you have any comments? Do the tubes have to be upgraded? I don't thrill with the idea that I've got to imediately change all the tubes in a brand new tube amp to get quality sound.
Thanks for any comments on either unit.
keithcady

Showing 2 responses by trelja

Thank you for the update Keithcady. Please let us know how you like the Jolida. Good Luck!
You should not have this hiss. As the amps are assembled in China, you must be vigilant about getting one that wasn't assembled along the lines of a Detroit car on a Monday or Friday. The tubes DEFINITELY need to be upgraded. Go to either Svetlana EL34 or JJ E34L. Depends on your tastes. The 202 sounds very good, but the 302B is better at driving real world speakers(much more guts). This may or may not be something that factors into your decision.