Jolida202a vs. Creek 4330

I am considering the purchase of either a Creek 4330 or Jolita 202a. I tracked down my local dealer. This is the highest end that this poboy is able to reach. I thought the Jolita was good in performance and looks but I was a bit annoyed with what was like a 'wash' or 'screen' of a sort of hiss. It wasn't constant but seemed to fluctuate with the volume of the music. I can't imagine that enthusiasts have experienced the same and still have such praise for the unit. The dealer explained it to me as possibly a poorly seated tube (although he couldn't fix it) or what he called 'tube rush' as an admitted amateur in tubes amps I have no idea what it is. Do you have any comments? Do the tubes have to be upgraded? I don't thrill with the idea that I've got to imediately change all the tubes in a brand new tube amp to get quality sound.
Thanks for any comments on either unit.
keithcady

Showing 1 response by puubie

I have a 302A and even with bad, I mean worn out, Chinese tubes that were in it when I got it there was very little hiss. You would have to put your ear in the speaker and try to hear the hiss.

If it was volume dependant the hiss was probably from the source.