Jolida JD 100 or Njoe Tjoeb 4000, which one?

I want to match one of these with a Cary SLI 80 integrated tube amp and Paradigm studio 100 speakers. Any opinions?
abb9ae7

Showing 3 responses by ozzy62

I might as well chime in on this one, seeing as how you are seriously being ignored by the rest of the Goners.

I have never heard the Njoe Tjoeb, but I did recently buy a stock Jolida JD 100. I damped the inside with Dynamat, put in some Electro Harmonix tubes, and added a Sonoran power cord. After a couple hundred hours of break in and these minor tweaks, this may be the best digital I have heard in my system. For a point of comparison it replaced a Theta Data Basic II and Audionote DAC 1.1, not world class components, but no slouches they. I really want to get it over to my buddy's house to compare it to his BAT cdp.

But anyway, it's a great player in my book.

Oz
For [email protected]

Go to any decent specialty car audio shop to find Dynamat, or something like it. It is typically used to line trunks and door panels.

BTW, I HATE the way the Agon forum doesn't allow you to directly answer a particular post. Just line them up chronologically. Makes for a very confusing read sometimes.

Oz
Yes, that is correct. I did only the lid. That seemed to give it much more structural integrity, a dull thump when you whack on the player at any angle.

Oz