Jolida 102B - enough power for Smaller Advents?

I've got an old pair of Smaller Advent speakers that I'm planning on having restored (new foam, etc.). I'm currently looking at an amp to drive them, and thinking about going tube. Although I've never owned a tube power amp before, I'm familiar with the sound of tubes in recording equipment, and I think I would really enjoy a tube amp in my listening system. Based on what I've been reading, Jolida looks like the best deal in my pricerange (ca. $700). However, there doesn't seem to be a Jolida dealer in my area - all the "audiophile" shops around here seem to want to sell me a home theater receiver! Therefore, I haven't been able to audition the amplifier, and I haven't been able to figure out if it would adequately drive the Advents (via the 4 ohm taps, of course).
I don't need thunderous volume. Sources would be my Oppo universal player, and maybe a turntable (through an external phono preamp). I listen to classical, indie rock, and jazz, pretty much in that order. Thanks!
matyas

Showing 1 response by eagleman6722

There are a couple of TAD 60s on sale at A-gon. I drove Vandy 2CE Sigs which are about 86DB to room filling classic rock without pushing them hard. You might query Paul Gryzbek about that. Other than that try to find a McOrmack DNA-.5 or 1 or the later B&K amps.