JBL Project K2 S9900 Speakers Anyone Know ???

I have been searching for new speakers and looking into Magico S1-S3, YG Caramel-Kipod, Sonus Faber a few uppers, Revel Ultima2, Focal Diablo Utopia and many are recommending the expensive Raidho but what about these?

Do they compete with these? Are they Audiophile type speakers per say in a 16x24 room. Do they image and get you super close to the music like these great speakers listed above. There is a pair that can be had for a decent price of bit less then 40% of their new retail price and the people that know them say they are better than all of the above and better than most everything but I have a hard believing that but I just don't know??? Are they really that good!! Anyone - please !!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack

Showing 1 response by larryi

Wow, talk about straying off the ranch. The K2s are a very different breed of speakers--more dynamic and vivid sounding than most modern high-end speakers. You really need to hear them for yourself. There are some listeners who will be shocked, and will never be satisfied with the bland offerings of most other speakers, while others will find the tonal colorations and lack of very deep bass unlistenable. I happen to like what these speakers offer myself and I own a horn-based system (I only briefly heard the K2s, but, as a horn system fan, I approve of what I heard).

As big as such systems can be, they do sound very good in small to medium sized rooms and are particularly good at playing at low volume. I would take the K2 over the Carmel and Magico myself, but, again, this is a matter of taste.