JBL 43xx va Harbeth 40.x

I owned a pair of Harbeth 40.1, and recently listened to a pair of JBL 4343.  While I really like the Harbeth, I also like the JBL very much.  To the best of its own, the JBL sounds more dynamic, more lively, and bigger slam at the bass.  The Harbeth is one word - smooth.  
I think for vocal, Harbeth wins.  But JBL will be able to play all kinds of music, I feel.  What do people think comparing them?  Which one do you prefer and why?
gte357s
crustycoot; thanks for the input. My Proton d1200 can put out several hundred watts per channel. there' a youtube about it. but can i put a 3.7i in an 11x12 ft. room? very thick carpeting,llive walls. back and front walls sheetrock, side wall bifold wood closet doors and wood blinds over windows.i understand the 3.7i doesn't have the so called "maggie grain" which i sometimes think I hear......Also I was on this thread because i have been interested in Harbeth speakers. 
Here's a response  that's kind of fits into the thread.
I had the Harbeth C7s  for a year    as I put away my Klipsch  KG5.2 .That's all I listened to  were the Harbeth  and they were nice , I guess .Then  I dragged   out my old Klipsch    and , wow  , there is was , the sound came alive , grabbed  my attention , it  was so engaging .
Sold the Harbeth  and never looked back .
For those that say the sound is  fatiguing with speakers like JBL and Klipsch  , all speakers are fatiguing as you can only listen  for short periods at a time , my experience .      
I'll need to turn the music off at some point  for a piece of mind , quiet time .I feel really sorry for those  that work where music plays the entire time , that seriously fatiguing
I did some more listening, and this time compared the JBL L300.  The L300 is home hi-fi version of 4333.  At the beginning, I thought it will sound similar to the 4344.  At the beginning, I feel, ok, same JBL kind of sound.  Than we switch to 4344.  We played the “She Never Knew Me” by Don Williams.  After a couple notes of the vocal, me and my friend both turn our head and look at each other with a shock.  It is huge different between the L300 and 4344.  The 4344 is much smoother and softer.  

Then I went home and test my Harbeth again with the same songs.  I can say my Harbeth sounds thinking, or having more density.  But that 4344 is no where bright or fatiguing.
What would be perfect is to be able to own several speakers and rotate them in and out.Maggies,Spacials,Klipsch,JBLs,Harbeths,etc.Each brand has something special that the other ones don't offer.No fair that we have to decide on one:-)