Isolation device under Ayre CX-7e?

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone places the isolation device such as Vibrapod or maple wood board under Ayre CX-7e? What's your opinion?

I put my CX-7e on top of a maple wood board and then on top of 4 Vibrapod last night. THe soundstage was bigger, but the high is kind of echoeing. When i took them out, then the sound is clearer but soundstage was smaller. I just want to get some opinions or suggestions from experts here.

Thanks for reading.
hvu

Showing 1 response by calgarian5355

I currently own the Ayre C-5xe (instead of the CX-7e) and called Ayre recently regarding isolation devices. The technician I spoke to recommended the Arye (Cardas) Myrtle wood blocks, as other have mentioned previously. He also recommended that they be used in conjunction with the paper coasters that are available at your local bar. Cut the coasters so they are the exact size of the Myrtle wood blocks and place them between the component chassis and the wood blocks. The technician told me that this was what they were using currently in their sound room. I've not tried the paper coasters yet myself, but thought I would share with everyone what I was told...

calgarian