Is There any Truly "High End" Integrated Amp?

I'm a reasonably well experienced audio nut and have tried a number of "good" integrated amps. I wonder, though, if there are integrated amps that are good enough for the "best", most revealing speakers. (Think Avalon Eidolon, Verity Parsifal, various JM Lab Utopias, and a variety of other fine speakers that do not have mammoth power requirements.)

People talk about the Levinson, the Musical Fidelity KW-500 and the lesser MF amps, the BAT integrated, The Rowland Concerto, etc. etc. etc.

I would like to hear from people who have actually tried the top tier of integrated amps and would be very interested in learning of their findings.

Don't need to be the most expensive. Could be the YBA Passion, Classe, MacIntosh 6900, Krell 400i, or any of a number of integrated amps that are supposed to sound good.

Hope to hear some good feedback.

Thanks very much.
Ag insider logo xs@2xjprice

Showing 3 responses by flg2001

Yes - Gryphon line.

Have had many of them, don´t miss separates and saved on cables for a long time.

Check the new Diablo, looks awsome!
I have had quite a few integrateds, currently getting great results with an Acoustic Plan Sitar that replaced an Audio Note Meishu (also a great SET option).

The Gryphon line is great (I owned a Tabu, Century and a Callisto) and a Jadis DA60 Signature for those out there that like tubes (I had it for almost a year and also a terrific amp)

Cheers,
Intrigued of your final component list Deadlyvj, were the Jadis/Boulder/Rowland or Gryphon not suitable for your option list criteria?

I have read great things on the Vac Alpha (but never heard it) as well as for the Burmester (but courious to learn why Burmester owners sell their gear so fast...).

As for the Demidorff, not heard it nor read about it before.