Is the PS audio M1200 D class amp worth buying or should I stick to A/B class mono amps

Does anyone have any experience with the class D PS audio M1200 mono amps, or should I just stay with a class A/B mono amp like the Cary SA-500.1 ES mono amps.

alucard19

Showing 5 responses by alucard19

+1 @lucapelliccioli 

Thanks, I was trying to decide between the M700 and the M1200, I have never owned Class D amps only class A, or Class A/B or class A tube amps.

I will have to give these PS audio mono amps a try, Xmas present to myself.

The Cary audio amps seem reasonably priced on sale now for around $6,600.00 which is the same price for the PS audio Stellar M1200 amps.

I'm going to see if I can find somewhere that I can try an in home trial to see which sound best in my system.

@jackd 

That EX-B7 does not have enough power, I'm currently using an Anthem P2 amp and looking for more power and the TEK Audio EX-B7 has less power than i currently have, but thanks for the recommendation.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Cary SA-500.1 ES for $6,600.00 on sale until the end of the year 500W @8ohms and 1,000W @4ohms class A/B mono amps.

I just picked up the Benchmark LA4 line amplifier that will be controlling the mono amps.