Is it too bright or is it high resolution?

It has been said in the forums that one mans bright sounding amp is another mans high resolution amp. Some amps and preamp combinations can deliver a high resolution presentation and to others this may be considered too bright sounding. Is there a fine line that can distinguish between the two? Personally I like very revealing & the fine details delivered but the wife says it sounds a tad bit too bright.
phd
If it sounds good to you, isn't that all that matters? Now if your trying to get your system to sound neutral and non-bright, then your going to have to hear other well established systems along with having trusted audiophile friends help you tweak your setup. 
stringgreen, you are more receptive to this question as opposed to the other thread, are you ok? No, I tried wearing sunglasses but unfortunately they did nothing to calm the high frequences but thanks for your input
One must wonder if a "to bright" presentation may be the result of harmonic distortion. Whether this is an amplifier issue a preamplifier issue or the interplay between the electronics and speakers. I am certain that we all want all of the details without undue brightness.
Trace amounts of higher ordered harmonics cause brightness as the ear converts distortion into tonality. It also uses the higher ordered harmonics to gauge sound pressure (rather than fundamental tones) and so is more sensitive to them than modern test equipment.
PHD
 When you inserted the CJ pre amp
 Did you invert the polarity at both speakers?

@stringreen re the difference between brightness and clarity you are spot on. Your definition of clarity lines up exactly with what I got adding a super-tweeter to my system -- definitely not 'bright' but much more insight into the recorded space and the different elements of the performance -- more details on my experience here 
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/supertweeters-yes-please