Is a GREAT turntable under $2000 possible???

Howdy folks-

I’m really enjoying my current set up and return to 2.1 channel listening and Home Theater. Here’s what I’ve got:

-Mc402 Amp
-Anthem Mrx 520
-Oppo 103 Bdp with Scott Nixon tube dac
-Mac Mini with a Scott Nixon Usb tube dac
-Audience and Wireworld cables
-Tekton Electron speakers

I’d like to introduce vinyl to my evening listening pleasure. Any recommendations for a turntable (including arm, cartridge, etc) under $2000? Is this a reasonable figure? I have no clue when it comes to turntables so any advice given is surely appreciated.

Brent

128x128knollbrent
the only thing that worked (for me) to eliminate static was to wet clean new LPS (and used of course) and store them in an anti-static sleeve (e.g. mofi sleeves).
currently using this one- and it works great.
a little bit of a hassle but a decent routine- have a beer and clean a batch of new LPs.
I never have a static issue after they are cleaned- even in the cold north during winter months. something about neutralizing the initial static in the vinyl with the wet clean.

https://www.amazon.com/Record-Doctor-Cleaning-Machine/dp/B00BEIC3DO
I just ordered the Record Dr. and he'll be here Thurs. We'll clean these babies up and get that static outta here! It's the new records. It's funny, cause I use the hair on my chest as a reference. Just hold any suspicious record up to my chest and either the hairs stick out or they don't. It's funny! Just happened by accident too.
excellent!  the record dr is a great machine and a big value.  don't forget some mofi anti-stat sleeves!  
Record Dr. is pretty great indeed. Easy to use and does what it’s supposed to do, clean your vinyl. Static is gone too which has been a nuisance on some of my new records. Some records still pop and crackle but I think that’s just part of the original pressing. I will be getting a protractor soon. I may be able to fine tune the cart a little making for a cleaner, better image.

I suspect some records are noisier than others. Got a NM   U2 Joshua Tree US 2007 and it's pretty crackly even after cleaning and using brush. I clean the stylus after every record too. 

Any thoughts on this?