Is a good soundstage possible with 2 speakers only

I've just read this article: www.tactlab.com/Products/Ambiophonics/ambiophonics_system.html and it left me wondering if what the article says is true then why ambiophonics is not more popular among audiophiles? I never even heard it mentioned here on Audiogon.
ironmine

Showing 1 response by rodman99999

That Wiki article was good, and it's obvious by the references and the end, that there have been MANY MORE than just, "the Brain at TacTquot;&(Boz) that have been studying Ambiophonics. Actually it's study, together with other Psychoacoustic phenomena, has been continuing for over a century. Only now, through the powers availed by DSP, can more be done about what is lacking in the reproduction of recorded events. I suppose ignorance(or blindness) can be bliss, but(personally)- I'm now using a TacT Room Correction System(RCS 2.2X- MUCH more than simply equalization), and have found it indispensable, given the miserable acoustic in which my system now resides. I've no doubt whatever processor Boz has developed to deliver more of the original venue that exists in a recording; MUCH research and thought has gone into the design and functionality. This from a former strict, anti-digital, Straight-Wire-With-Gain adherent.