Interconnect with good bass

I'm looking for an interconnect that's cheap and has great (read tight, extended, with good pitch) bass from the upper bass on down. I'll be using it to hook up my subs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Showing 2 responses by 1953

Thanks for the good tips. What I mean by cheap is less than $100 for a 1M pair, used. I will be using them to connect to my custom made subs for my Apogee Mini Grands (subs take the place of the normal, Apogee designed subs). The subs are basically "re-skinned" Velodyne FSR-12s. The x-over is a custom design I've done and has 24 DB per octave high/low pass slopes. That is why I'm only interested in the interconnects quality below say 120 HZ. My main criteria is for the cable to sound tight and quick. I can adjust it's level, so its response relative to the rest of the spectrum is unimportant. I am not adverse to rolling my own cable if anyone has done that as well. I can also use the cable as hookup wire inside the low pass section of the x-over. Thanks and keep the tips coming.
Just want to say thanks for all the advice, especially the lead for Jeff's sound values. I ordered a 3M pair for something like $120, cheap by audiophile standards. They arrived promptly. They sounded a bit thin at first but after over 70 hrs of break in they have really come on line. Quick, tight, powerful and extended. Highly recommended for low to upper bass applications.