In Memoriam: Bobby Palkovich of Merlin Music

I just read this terrible news about the death of Bobby Palkovich of Merlin Music Systems. He was a great guy and this is very, very sad. Rest in peace, Bobby.

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=speakers&m=344617
rebbi
I had many correspondences with Bobby via email, and he was always quick to respond to any technical questions I had concerning my TSM MME's. He was so patient with my novice inquiries, and always a gentleman.
And all this, despite the fact that he knew I had bought my speakers used, and not from him.
I am so saddened by his passing, and by the thought of what he must have gone through leading up to it.
R.I.P. Bobby. You were clearly a good man.
I am remarkably saddened by this. I have a pair of VSMs that I love and had wanted to upgrade. I spoke with Bobby several times and his honesty and conviction clearly came through. He made a product of which he was proud and did not come out with new models just for the marketing. He continually improved his product and made upgrades available at reasonable cost.
He was a gentleman.
This is a loss for all of us.
My thoughts and wishes go out to his family.
Sorry I'm late to this thread as I've been out of the country for a few weeks...

IMPOSSIBLY sad news. Our thoughts and prayers to Bobby and those around him.

I've owned both the Merlin TSM and VSM, and consider the VSM the definitive loudspeaker of the current (1995 - present) generation of high-end audio.
May Bobby RIP and his remaining family find some solace in the future.

I've read through the bulk of these posts and weighed the tenor of them. I enjoy Bobby's incredible product and found the several communiques, personal phone calls and emails with him, pleasant in nature.

However, I am inclusive with several others to the tune of over 10K vested and now apparently lost. I would venture to say those critical of our observations have no skin in the game.

I personally hope his company continues, prospers and is able to distribute product to those owed and that someone pays the highest tribute to him by carrying on his philosophies of sound reproduction which are certainly some of the most impressive I've encountered in my 4 decades of exposure to this most wonderful hobby.

The audiophile community needs far more Bobbies and less of the other ilk. I hope this response strikes the intended balance.