If you still spin CD's their is a reference level Transport for reasonable money

I just got in-house the Jay's Audio CDT-2 MK3 transport to review for hometheaterreview.com.  The build quality and physical appearance make it hard to believe that it retails for around $2,400.  Right out of the crate not even broken in yet, it's out performing my CEC double belt transport in the reference system.  It retains all the liquidity and analog smoothness of the belt driven transport but offers more details, tighter bass frequencies, and a larger layered soundstage with more air between the players.

Alvin, of Vinshine Audio set this review up with me, so if you go to his website you can get a lot more details/pictures on this transport.  The reason I was motivated to review a CD transport was I received scores of requests from my readers asking what is a great sounding transport, for a reasonable amount of money.  So far, in spades the Jay's Audio CDT-2 MK3 fits the bill easily.   
teajay
There's a new video over at OCD HiFi Guy on youtube and he tried out various I2s connections on the Jay's Audio CDT and at the end of the video, he tried and found that SPDIF with Chris Sommovigo's Starlight cable gave the best sound, even better than HDMI. It wasn't definitive, but he'll report back.

All the best,
Nonoise
Chris's Black Cat Silver Star MK II are the best SPDIF I have ever heard regardless of its $325 price tag. I'm just waiting on the Cable Company to restock their lending library with the digit 75 which is their most popular and mid way in their line-up.

It's an addictive sound and musical instruments are life-like, full bodied but will compare it to my Snake River Boomslang which is very good as well but the Silver Star MK II has me mesmerized...

Wig
@nonoise

I watch that OCD YouTube video (aka Mike Powell) the other day. I thought when he finished initially (and I clicked off the channel), I concluded he didn’t review the Black Cat digital cable. Returned to it again and found that I had prematurely turned off the video, omitting the extra time at the end devoted to that cable.
The Jay's Audio DAC has just been released!

If it is anywhere nearly as good as the CDT2 it will be fantastic. Same beautiful casing.
Post removed