If not B&W 802 speakers then what speakers?

Hello and good day to all,

This question is for a mostly hometheater room. like 90% hometheater.

as i do like the sound from my b&w 804S speakers, HTM3S center channel.

i am growing tired of waiting for a used set of 802's to come on the market where i live...Florida.

so if you had about 6k for used home theater speakers what would you look for?

room is 24' by 24'... non treated, dryway

amp is anthem statement P5.

Thank you for your input.

Bill
baranowski

Showing 2 responses by james63

For theater you are wasting your money. Be happy with what you have. Why care if fake sounds are produced accurately?

The difference in the 802d and 804 is the bass power and mids are more open. You will not be able to tell any difference in the mids with your center handelling all the speech. The bass is crossed at 80hz anyway. Now you could run you front/back full range with your current speakers and get better sound IMO. You can then turn your sub up and just use it for LFE.

Really save your money.

Revel Studio 2 and Wilson Sophia 3 are two speakers that come to mind as a b&w 802d alternative.
By fake sounds I mean breaking heads of broccoli to create broken bone sounds and electronically rendering explosions. To me home theater needs to be dynamic and have bass power without overhang with clear vocals. The added natural Trimble you get out of highend speakers is lost on home theater but better dynamic range power is worth while. It is just a matter of if the price is worth the gain.

Anyway sounds like you have a good home theater, enjoy it.