If Money Were No Object... A Fantasy Question

Let's say you're filthy stinking rich and had $1,000,000+ to spend on an audio system. What would you do, assemble a single SOTA system or for the same amount of money put together multiple very high quality (and certainly not cheap) non-SOTA systems.

This fantasy is in the either/or format. Points will be deducted for thoses who answer "both".
128x128onhwy61
As a point of reference, when I refer to SOTA products I mean all out assaults on sonic excellence with little regard to practicality. Almost by definition these products will be costly, although I'm not sure they have to be hideously expensive. The Rockport turntable/arm and the Wisdom loudspeakers are examples of the type of products I have in mind.
I will get a Krell 300 integrated, JBL L100, and LiteOn LVD 2004, and wonder why we have to pay more for music at home - and save the rest for the retirement.
I know what it is to have a Gaku-on set.
It is boring, because it is lonely at the top.
You can better desire it.
I would start by having as Pragmatist stated an acoustically correct room so whatever system I bought could sound its best,,then I Would go on extended auditioning spree,,to find a system that knocked my socks off an live happily ever after.
Conversion of a project by Keith Yates:

This audiophile project, a three-year effort completed in 1997, consists of four purpose-built rooms: A control room housing source components and software; a technical room housing amplifiers and electrical power equipment; an isolated chamber for the light-valve projector; and the auditorium itself. Floating concrete floors, double concrete walls, custom acoustical devices and other aggressive measures ensure unprecedentedly low noise levels—approaching NC-0—and extremely high sonic realism.

Seating in the 35 ft. long, 23 ft. wide auditorium is on three levels. The sprung (floating) stage and first seating tier utilize an innovative construction developed for the project by Keith Yates Design Group that affords nearly complete absorption of early reflections; the subjective result is significantly improved tonal and spatial precision.

AV System would be:

3 Wilson Audio Alexandria X2 Front Left/Center/Right
3 Pairs of Wilson Audio Watt puppy 7 for Surrounds
2 Wilson Audio XS Subwoofers
5 Boulder 1000W Monoblocks for Fronts and Subs
3 Boulder 300W Stereo Amps for Surrounds
Meridian 861 Surround Preamp
Meridian 800 DVD Player
Nordost Valhalla Cable All round
JVC QX1A Projector
Teranex Scaler
16 Foot by 9 Foot screen