If I rip all my CD's to flac files do I still need a CD transport?

I'm in the process of ripping all my CDs to .flac files with Exact Audio Copy. If I see a verified rip with no errors, is there any point in considering upgrading my CD player? Would I be better investing is a quality streamer and DAC?

markcasazza

Showing 1 response by mahler123

We debate the sonic differences between streamers and CDPs, but the bottom line is that one can obtain great results with all of them. The question really is life style. I listen to Classical Music almost exclusively and the software management programs for this genre just don’t cut the mustard. I can go to my CD shelves and find a CD faster than I can locate it in the software programs. I don’t believe that other genres have this issue. The point is that retaining my CDs, and a system to play them with, remains important to me. There are other times I am content to park my rear in my chair and play the same material from the streamer. The other reason I enjoy having the CDs on a NAS is that I can play them from other zones in my home without having to specifically venture upstairs and pull the CD from the shelves