I have a Jolida 302b and I'm looking for tube rec?

I am currently running Electro Harmonix input (12ax7 and 12at7) and output tubes (6550) and looking to upgrade my tubes. For output tubes I'm looking at JJ KT77s, Golden Lion KT88, or Tungsol 6550's. For input tubes Tungsol 12ax7s or JJ ECC803s and 12at7s I'm clueless. Any suggestions on tubes would be much appreciated.
128x128trianglezerius

Showing 1 response by hifitime

I brought my CD's to a dealer that had high end gear.They had the Jolida line and wanted me to listen to them.On my CD's the 302 and 502 amps just couldn't get the highs right.They got congested on certain passages.They herd the same and swapped tubes with some NOS tubes to try to rectify it.It didn't help.The dealer didn't pay that much attention to the the newer line yet.Even with the low prices,he was considering dropping them.If your trying to get the pristine highs correct,it won't happen with tube rolling.If pricey NOS Mullards and Bugle Boys at about $800 for one amps tubes won't,I doubt any modern tubes will. The other tube amps they had there didn't have any problems with the CD's I brought.