I hate when this happens ......

I was on business last week and I stopped in to visit a very nice high end shop where the people were actually very nice and cordial. I listened to a pair of Marten Django L speakers. ( these were are the XL 's )  and was very impressed at the sound. Musical and dynamic and yet not clinical or sterile. A very well built speaker for about $10,000. I just paid off my Sonus Faber Olympica III's which are not inexpensive.....and did that ; hmmm for a moment. What impressed my was the musicality and no surprise that Sonus Faber does have house sound as all speakers do, but the Marten's just seemed to allow the listener, me, to see deeper in the music. So if any owners of the Sonus Faber's and Marten Django L's care to shed some light I would like to hear from you. I hate when this happens......     
garebear

Showing 1 response by wim1983

Dun be fooled by the setup, what you hear actually is warm rich and emotional music, that's what everybody want to hear, but what everybody do is ruin that by keep upgrading audio system, definitely there are better speakers, better amp, better setup, better room out there, but not necessarily better for eternity, nothing is forever but the music recorded is! Surprisingly, I heard quite some people hate the SF Olympica, guess taste can be different, financial can be difficult at times, and balance up all these what we need to do. But if you are cost no objective, then do not hesitate to go for the speakers lol, and share the great with us!