How to hook up a powered sub to Exposure 2010

How to hook up a powered sub to Exposure 2010 Power Amplifier and Exposure 2010 Integrated Amplifier?

could you kindly help me to hook up correctly the following system:

Esposure 2010 Integrated Amplifier
Esposure 2010 Power Amplifier
Esposure 2010 CD Player
(new) powered subwoofer Totem Storm
Totem Mite speakers
Nordost solar wind speaker cables (not biwiring)
Nordost solar wind interconnects.
I was wondering how to hook up the whole system considering the powered sub and not having biwiring cables.
I know that a wrong connection could damage the system, so I need your help.
Thanks in advance!
fradiavolo

Showing 2 responses by zd542

Run a pair of rca terminated interconnects from the pre-out connection on the back of your integrated to the low level input on the sub.
"An alternative, since the Exposure power amp has two sets of speaker outputs and the Totem has high level-inputs, would be to run a pair of speaker cables from the second speaker outputs to those high-level inputs on the Totem.

That second set of cables doesn't need to be of the same gauge or quality as your primary cables since it's sending just the frequency and amplitude information for amplification by the sub."

Normally, I would agree but if you look at the manual for the sub it tells you to run speaker cables first to the sub, and then from the sub to the speakers. Personally, I wouldn't want to do it that way. However, I did find the manual a bit confusing in its explanation on hook up. Maybe I just didn't read it properly.