How Do Ohm Walsh Tall 3000, 3010, 4000, 4012 Speakers Compare To Current Design Speakers?

All,

I have a 23' x 20' x10' carpeted great room with many differently positioned sitting locations and the Ohm Walsh speaker series with their omnidirectional sound design was recommended by a forum member because of the large sound stage for this room and for listening from in my laterally adjacent 20' x 15' kitchen.  Would get the subwoofer ones if I decide to do home theater but main usage would be music.  

The non-subwoofer versions of these came out many years ago.  How do these speakers compare sound-wise to currently introduced (likely forward firing) speakers in a similar $4000 to $7,000/pair price range (larger prices with the subs)?  Wondering if this technology is holding its own or if it has been surpassed by other designs.  Since Ohm is an internet only company, I can't listen to these locally and I am not sure I want to pay to return ship big heavy speakers.

From those who have listened to these, looking for speaker comparison comments to help with a do I or don't I ordering decision.  If responding, please don't comment on Ohm's older product, just those recent models listed in the title.  Also looking for comments from those who are not associated directly with Ohm.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
michiganbuckeye

Showing 1 response by mlsstl

I suspect the best answer to your question is for you to take up Ohm on their in-home 120 day trial. That's plenty of time for them to break in and for you to experiment with positioning and listen to your heart's content. If they don't float your boat, you can always return them and get a refund.