Hornshoppe "the Truth" preamp - any opinions?

"The Truth" changes the paradigm in Reference Line Stages, literally. Its existence has even forced me to remove a "Direct Connection" in "Class A", because such a choice no longer makes any rational sense to me. In the end, "The Truth" is effectively a "direct connection" with no sonic downsides, and with the ability to drive any amplifier load and/or length of cable, while allowing any source to be heard at its very best. With the exception of extra gain, an audiophile can't ask for more than that. I realize that this may all sound "too good to be true", but it isn't. 

-- Arthur Salvatore  http://www.high-endaudio.com/RC-Linestages.html

This is high praise indeed, he likes it better than Coincident's Line Stage which is saying something, was wondering if someone else has heard it and compared it to other active line stages (am a big believer in active, though currently using AMR DP-777 DAC as my pre)
essrand
Bill,
The Truth and Clayton combination is very interesting.  What does it provide in regard to sonics/music reproduction beetter/different from your Lyngdorf?
Charles 
A friend of mine had one of these at one time and spoke highly of it. I like that Ed keeps looking to improve it with different iterations over the years. Anybody know the current price of the T4?

Bill, does your Truth preamp have remote and if so how is the smoothness of the attenuation? Does it allow for small increments in volume?

-Tom
I 'upgraded' my Truth with 0.5 Duelund silver naked input and output wire, Audio Note RCA input and output jacks, and an Elma selector switch. Each change has made a very noticeable and welcome difference. There was nothing really wrong with the original, but this does take it to a much higher level.
I purchased this preamp back in 2010 or 2011. I liked it quite a bit using it with a Transcendent OTL. Alas haven't used it in years. Probably need to pass it on to someone that can use it more than me.
I will not touch the caps per Ed’s advice.  Just the wire and RCA jacks.  Ed is pretty adamant that changing out the caps will make no difference based on his testing and design.  I must say the unit sounds wonderful so I will trust his comments. 

The unit is really a unique system that no other preamp is like. It is a unique design and Ed is rightly proud of it.