Horn based loudspeakers why the controversy?

As just another way to build a loudspeaker system why such disputes in forums when horns are mentioned?    They can solve many issues that plague standard designs but with all things have there own.  So why such hate?  As a loudspeaker designer I work with and can appreciate all transducer and loudspeaker types and I understand that we all have different needs budgets experiences tastes biases.  But if you dare suggest horns so many have a problem with that suggestion..why?
128x128johnk
One advantage of horns suitable for home listening is narrow dispersion.

Wide dispersion is not good for center-chair listening. Horns beam like lasers, and to me this is a good thing, fewer nasty sidewall reflections.

I am not into wide-dispersion party speakers. 

My DIY 3.5-way hybrid dipole-conical horn+ field coil driver system images better than ANY conventional 'wide-dispersion' speakers, narrow or wide baffle, single driver or multiway I've ever heard.

My hybrid-horn system does spooky 3-D realistic imaging. Extreme low level detail retreival. Startling dynamic contrast. All the audiophile goodies.

Seems to me you've never heard a really good horn system. Too bad.

I could be wrong but a bit of research shows klipsch and jbl to be 4th and 5th in US speaker sales num. 

The post above was meant for kosst_amojen, in reply to his comments about dispersion on page 3 `zbeing necessary for good imaging. Don't know why it didn't post on the same page.

Anyhow, wide dispersion don't help imaging. At all.

Kosst, you said this : " Sure, there's things they could do better, but I like what they do and they work well in the space I have ". A comment you made about your Focals. I could really talk about, in so many ways, why they " are not for me ". But I don't. Enjoy, and be merry with what you have. You are a troll.
I am thoroughly enjoying my new Klipsch Heresy lll...   I have had a number of speakers  in the past, bigger, smaller, more expensive but none have been more engaging and fun to listen to.   Are they perfect? No ...  Do they measure flat?  No.....  but they sound great.  

I was growing tired of chasing the "perfect sound" which I have come to realize is not possible given my room and budget.   Are these the last speakers I'll ever own?  Probably not, but with two kids in college and possibly downsizing in the near future these ARE perfect for me . I will say this,  I will never sell these, they are just to much fun to listen to.....