Home Theater speakers....what to buy? ?

Hello all,

I am kind of new to HT, but I have spent months upgrading the equipment in my home theater/music room.
My components thus far:
Pre/Pro: B&K Reference 50
Amp: Adcom GFA-7805 (5CH at 300wpc into 8 ohms or 450wpc at 4 ohms)
Sub: SVS 16-46 PC-Plus
TV: Panasonic TH-42PHD5UY
Room: W" 11, L" 17, H" 7.7. Stereo is now along the length wall, but this can be changed.

I am looking for a set of speakers to go with this set up and I need your help. I am probably a 60% movie watcher and 40% music listener. Music wise, I listen to nearly everything but jazz and rap. Budget wise, I am willing to go up to $5000 for a HT speaker set up (fronts, front surround and back surround [1 or 2]), so price is an object, but I am willing to build piece by piece.

I have been auditioning around, but I have to be honest, without being able to compare on the spot, it is tough to retain how something sounded two stores ago!

I hope I have included enough info for a fair evalution. I would appreciate any advice any and all could offer.
Thank you,
KA

codexhammer

Showing 1 response by johnr733120b

I'd go with Legacy Sig's and the matching center. Then maybe something high end but used for the rears. I've heard all the top end systems but for clarity and soundstage, nothing beats Legacy. Their centers are phenominal too.

I am not affiliated with Legacy, but I am a proud owner of them. By the way a used set of Focuses sold on Ebay for $2800. What a steal!