Thanks in advance for your opinion-

My system is:

Anthem Integrated 225

Musical Fidelity Cd as Transport

Schiit Modi Multibit

Technics Sl 1200 mk2

Usher Cp6311

Morrow Cables

I like the system overall, plenty of bass, voices sound realistic, highs are not strident, etc.

As a drummer, I love to hear hihats, cymbals, etc. On some systems in the past I’ve heard more of this than through my setup. Most of these setups have been in the past on equipment I perceive is a lower grade than mine.

My question is: 

Should I be hearing most every hihat strike, close? Is hearing these sounds consistently the sound of a revealing system or a ‘tipped up’ presentation that I would likely tire of?

Live music varies to me in this respect, and the music on my my system varies as well. Unfortunately, I’m not able to demo where I live, so I’m interested in your opinion. Fwiw- I hear all a lot more treble in my automobile, but could be due to the euphoric goal of the manufacturer. I’m in my late 50’s, so that may play a part-

On many jazz albums, it’s all there, others not so much.

Sorry for the one post.

Thanks
uncledemp
Bdp24- I have not heard them, but see them around infrequently for sale. I owned some 4312’s a few years back. Are they similar? 

Rbstehno- I agree, it is all cymbals. Your remarks encouraged me to put on some Kansas, I always enjoyed his drumming. There is a video of Kansas performing Down the Road for a soundcheck in the last few years, it’s awesome if you haven’t seen it. Thanks for your remarks on components, wiring as well.
M-db- I was inspired by my neighbor, Al, he played drums.

His extended family was in the music promotion business. They booked The Allman Brothers, and many acts of that caliber in the 70’s. He ended up with hundreds of promo albums, got concert tickets, etc.

He is two years older than me and he and his brothers and sisters are like family.

Al got me into Hifi as well. His was the first real stereo I heard, and have been hooked since then. My first concert tee shirt was probably a hand me down from him. We had many good times for sure.

I moved away and we grew apart. He’s in his last days now due to cancer. Saw him recently and told him I loved him- he told me I was a brother to him. 

Sorry everybody, my emotions overtook me. I should call him today.
I've had best results dropping noise floor down as much as possible. Routing cables so no crosstalk, but I would invest in a nice passive power conditioner. I've had good luck with Running Springs but they are no longer around. PI Audio Uber Buss is best bang for buck, they will easily beat out RS Hayley. It will let you hear the cymbal, you can tell if ride is being played with nylon or wood tip stick, tell the difference between an A or K cymbal, give you that natural shimmer sustain you are looking for, the buzz of loose snare wires. Call PI Audio the owner is a drummer and knows exactly what your looking for, he can add extra parts to achieve what ever you want. To me very low noise floor is key to 2 channel, without it everything gets stepped on.
God bless you and Al
music is emotion
memory is emotion :-) stay in tune with his many inspirations to you, he changed your life

grace
Paulcreed,

Thanks, I’ll check my cables. I appreciate to info on conditioners as well.

tomic601- Thanks for the kind words, I will.

gary