High Quality Universal Player??

I’m interested in a disc player for CD, SACD, and cinema DVDs, Blue-Ray.

It MUST have equal or better sound quality than my current Cal Audio HDCD player.

Ideas? How about the Cambridge Audio Azur 651BD Universal Blu-ray/SACD/DVD/CD Player?

or the newer 751? Also, what is the difference between the 751 and 651?

I’d laos like to buy form a company large enough to stay in business for a while :)
randy-11
randy-11 wrote:
"I tried out an Oppo BDP-103 vs. my current Cal Audio for a while. I liked the Oppo but it did not sound any better and it could not receive my iTunes Apple Lossless files over WiFi, so I sent it back. There is a currently active thread on this"

Can you point me to that thread?  This is on the "Unofficial Oppo BDP Frequently Asked Questions" site:

Is Apple Lossless Audio Codec supported?

Yes, ALAC has been supported since firmware 58-0719 in July 2013.

The BDP-103/5 supports ALAC with a sample rate of 8k-192kHz, bit depth of 16 or 24bit, and 1 or 2 channels.

LarryRS
jafant,

I don't own a modern Oppo player (I do own an older mod'd Oppo player), but I have to defend Oppo. The DBP-105D is special. It may not be the best CD player, DAC or streamer. But it is nearly universally praised as one of the best "Jacks of All Trades". It does nearly everything pretty well, build quality is good, support is excellent, it is not glitchy and it is a bargain compared to any other comparable product (if there is even a comparable product), or bundle of products that may be required to provide all of the same functionality.

Again, may not be the best sounding CD player, DAC or streamer, but it is a competent jack of all trades at a reasonable price. Remember, it is one of the world's most highly rated Blue Ray Video player, in addition to all of the audio attributes that are important to us audiophiles.

Oppp 105D or 105. using oneboard DAC for CD, SACD playback. If you prefer Tidal, using IPad App to control the OPPO. Sound super.