High quality, passive, balanced, low pass crossover?

Where could I find a pair of high quality, passive, balanced, low-pass crossovers similar to Vandersteen's M7-HP?  Ideally, the crossover would roll-off the signal somewhere in the range of 40 to 50Hz.   The 100Hz roll-off of the M7-HP is too high for my needs.  Is it possible to find one that doesn't leave a sonic footprint (i,e,. no detrimental effect on the signal going to the main speakers) - if so, where?
mitch2

Showing 1 response by tomic601

High pass. The Wima caps in the Vandy box ( 5 and 7 ) filters are properly bypassed and also formed by DBS circuit. Many of the Wima cap denigrating sect have never heard them in that combination, eg Vandersteen, Brinkmann, etc.. That’s ok. 

crossover point depends on amplifier input impedance, so the Vandy box filters are designed to accomodate a range of amplifiers. You can adjust using DIP switches, test tones and a voltmeter to “ know “ the -3db down point. Holmz is correct they are first order phase correct filters w Audioquest pigtails in an RFI shielded box.

The 5 box come up used now and then, hold value well. Suggest trying a Vandy dealer to see loaner possible. I would loan you but my 7 amplifiers have built in filter w 128 v DBS.

note the high pass M7 amp is 600 wpc, yes there IS a sonic benefit to high passing your main amp and speakers…

best to you. Let me know how i can help

Jim