HH Scott 350 A Tuner Repair

Hi Again!
I found a local technician who is very good ( he replaced the right side of my ASR amplifier when I blew an electro-litic capacitor ) and he said that he's most sure that he can fix my Scott 350 A tuner. As mentioned in a previous post, my Multiplex in stereo is creating a high pitched ringing noise. I want to mention however that he's never worked on a Scott Tuner. So what I'm wondering, is if anyone has any suggestions for me to pass along to the tech? I did print up the 350 schematic but I'm not sure if it matches exactly with the 350 A. Anyway, please feel free to chime in as I always learn something whenever I post here.
Best,
goofyfoot

goofyfoot

Showing 1 response by atmasphere

He'll probably already know this but he'll need a muliplex generator and a tube tester. Replacement of the filter capacitors is a very good idea.

Some of the older mulitplex circuits could make a whine or whistle if they were not properly aligned. I don't recall if the Scotts did this; my recollection is that they were pretty solid performers. So I'm thinking this might be a tube issue. At any rate a complete alignment is a good idea as with most vintage tuners its probably not been done in decades.