HFT, Apertures, or something else?

Hi All,

In trying to think what else I could possibly do to my system I have been wondering about these. Let me first say that I am very happy with all my components and am in the process of improving my power management a bit, so that base is being covered (please see my other ongoing discussion about that in amps). Also, I love the sound of my system; if I never touched it again I could happily listen to it every day for hours on end.  That being said, if I could perhaps enhance one thing, it would be to expand the perceived size of the soundstage, back further behind the speakers, primarily, maybe a bit laterally as well, though that is quite good. My Wilson Sasha speakers have been professionally set up using various acoustic tools and measurements by a trained sound engineer, so unless Jim Smith comes to my house and moves them, I'm leaving them where they are. My room is approx 20x15x8.5 feet. Overall great acoustics otherwise, carpeted floor, nice corrugated blinds on the only Windows, behind my listening position (about 5 feet away).  There is some asymmetry as there is a fireplace with mantel and an in-wall cabinet that slightly protrudes on one side wall. The surface there is irregular and broken up at approx first and second reflection points. Opposite wall I have placed canvas art panels at the reflection points.

Sorry for being long-winded, but I thought that info might be useful. So, would you try the HFTs, Aperture panels, something else, or nothing?

Thank you!
arsh

Showing 1 response by toolbox149

Question for those of you into HFT placement.  How do you think HFT placements would change if you use Magnapan speakers, and how do you think placements might change with a quadraphonic setup?  I have a pair of Maggie 1.7s along my front wall, for the front channels; and a pair of Maggie 1.6s in the rear corners, for my rear channels.
Do you have foreward/rearward placement strategies that would change due to speakers that emit sound in both directions?  Or, is it, just put em all on the walls & see how you like it?