Herron VTPH-2A vs ModWright PH 9.0

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has compared the Herron VTPH-2A to the ModWright PH 9.0? Unfortunately, I am not able to audition the two in person but am very curious how they compare. Their price is similar, Herron - $3650; ModWright - $2900/$3200 (with XLR connections). They also use a different sets of tubes, Herron - two 12AX7, three 12AT7; ModWright - two 6C45, two 6DJ8. I've heard 6C45 tubes are extremely quiet but, again, I haven't heard them in person. Appreciate anyone who can offer their experience with either product and how they compare in sound. Thank you!
jimmy225

Showing 2 responses by jimmy225

I have heard really good things about Herron, in fact I don't think I've heard a single negative. However, I have also seen the same with the ModWright. Truthfully, I am leaning more towards Herron but before pulling any trigger I was hoping to hear a review comparing the sound differences
How do you think they compare as far as quality and sound? Do you tend to favor one company over another when looking for new equipment?