HELP-Yamaha2095 & InfinityHPS500 Sub

Does anybody have both of these or a similar set up. I have this and the HPS500 has a 500 watt built in amp and i have it set up and the sub really does not thump like i think it should. I have the gain on the sub up to 10 and it really doesnt shake! Am i just expecting to much out of the 500 watts or do i have something wrong. Also does anybody know how i could "test" the sub to see what it really should sound like? Im in college and frankly pissed it i spent my hard earned summer money on something and it doesnt work properly (NOTE: i did not by the sub on audiogon, but i did buy the yamaha on audiogon which i love.) Also i could have the yamaha 2095 set up wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated Dean Perlberg
deere53

Showing 1 response by deere53

Ill try that steve. Hopefully something will help. I really would love to get a sunfire, but i dont know anywhere when I could find one i can afford. I also thought to test my HPS500 sub, i could run an interconnect directly from my CD players output to the Subs input. If it sounds soft still I am going to have to deal with Infinity which should be a treat. Well anybody else with some helpful ideas or setup's similar PLEASE drop a line here to help me out. Dean Perlberg