Help, No sound from Turntable

Sat down to listen to some vinyl and nothing.  Dead as a door nail.  Yesterday it worked fine.  Digital works fine.  Place the needle on the record and not a peep.  Is there anyway to diagnose where the issue lies?  Is it the cartridge?  Phono pre-amp, pre-amp, etc?   
mvrooman1526

Showing 4 responses by mvrooman1526

Yes, I'm going to take the JC3 to my local shop hopefully next weekend to see what the deal is.  
@lewm Yes, have tried turning everything off and on again.  Preamp is set to phono.  Still no dice.  

@vinylzone  I have a VPI Scoutmaster with Ortofon Black Quintet cartridge.  Phono preamp is a Parasound JC3. 
Thank you everyone of the comments.  I've been traveling so haven't had a chance to really try any of the suggestions until today.  I tried previously to shut down both the preamp and the phono preamp and restart in hopes of the problem fixing itself.  No Dice.  

I tried plugging the tonearm cables directly into the Preamp.  No Dice.  

I do here a low "pop" when I turn on the motor to the turntable which is something I've always heard but when I put the needle to the record it's dead as a door nail.  I'm going to try a new cartridge.  I was looking to upgrade anyway.  Anything you would suggest under $2k for a MC cartridge?   
As suggested, I plugged my streamer into the input that I typically run the phono-preamp into on the Bryston BP26 preamp (the aux input) and it worked fine so that pretty much rules out the Pre-amp being the issue IMO.  

I took the cover off the Parasound to check for internal fuses. There are two and both look fine.  Everything on the Parasound lights up as it should.  

I've check all cabling.  Everything seems to be fine.  Note that one day it worked fine and the next without any change there was no sound.  

Not sure how to check the tonearm wiring or cartridge other than going down the road of trying to buy a cheapo MC cartridge just to check out.  

Appreciate all of the guidance.  I'll keep you posted on what it turns out to be. 

Best,
Mike