Help! Need tube preamp to finish system.

I've been working on putting together a good stereo system for about 2+ years now and would like opinions/advice on what I consider to be maybe THE MOST important part of a good rig; the preamp. My system consists of the following starting with the front ends: Sonic Frontiers SFCD-1, Ah! Tjoeb 99', Sim Audio P-4001 class A linestage w/external power supply, Marchand XM126-2AA vacuum tube crossover w/external power supply, McIntosh MC275 for bass duties, Mesa Baron for the stats, Kinergetics SW800 subs and Martin Logan CLS II's. Discovery powercords (where able) and DH Labs interconnects and speaker cables throughout. I don't need any suggestions of pre's with processor loops as I already have a decent rig for the HT thing. All advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, March
marchman
It doesn't sound to me if you're playing LP's, and if not, I'd use a PASSIVE preamp. I have an SFCD-1 like yours and a CAT SL-1 III, with factory-simplified signal path (switches taken out of circuit), and my homemade passive preamp built around Shallco "true ladder" attenuators, beats the CAT very clearly in transparency, detail, background silence. It helps to use good wire in the passive; I can advise on that. If you do play LP's, I'm selling an Anthem Pre-1. Its designer ABed it against the Audible Illusions Modulas 3 and reported to me that it won hands down on every sonic count.
Check out the Cary SLP-94 that I have listed on the site. It has wonderful sound and got great reviews. For the ultimate, take the money you saved by not spending $3000 on a preamp and buy a PS Audio Power plant (no I don't have one of those listed) for $1000 and take your entire system up a notch. The SLP94 running on the power plant will best any preamp costing less than $3K new running through a standard power conditioner (IMHO). The unit includes a line stage phono which bested my Lehmann Black cube in terms of focus and space.
I have nothing to sell you, but I love the AtmaSphere MP-3. The Atma MP-1 is certainly more detailed, but a chunk more money new. The MP-3 gets it right.
The Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 Signature hybrid linestage is an all time favorite of mine and can be found for around $750. used.I replaced the SFL-1 with an Audible Illusions M3A.
Post removed