Help me decide: Grado Gold or AT440ML

I am about to change the needle in my Grado Gold cartridge (about $90) but I heard the AT440ML (about $90 for cartridge) might be a better tracking cartridge. I read someones comment that Grados and Shures do not tract so good on inner groves. I have an AR-XA turntable with at REGA RB300 arm. Which way should I go, buy a new needle for the Grado Gold or by a new AT440? Thanks.
128x128hifier

Showing 2 responses by sevs

Could someone please explain to me how this interchangeable needle overall schematics works. When you insert a new needle, you are getting new tip and cantilever? How are these attached to the magnet/coils? I am trying to advise my internet buddy on whether he should get a new cart or just a needle for his 30 yo AT cart. Please help!!
@johnnyb53 Thank you!!! I have no idea where my young friend will end, our conversation started when he was outbid on my restored Teac cassette deck and now, almost a year later, he contracted audiophilia germ from me ;-)
I am trying to advise him on his first TT buy, his limit is just $100 and looking thru eBay offerings I realized that I know next to nothing about entry-level TTs. When I was his age (and in his financial shoes) I just bought whatever was sold at my local store and then switched to CDs the moment they came out!...
million thanks for your response, it always bothered me what is there inside a new needle. As they used to end the initial South Park series: Ive learned something new today! Thanks!!!