Help in hooking up a sub woofer.

Hi, I have a PrimaLuna ProLogue integrated amp.I have a pair of PSB Synchrony 1B's which until now I have enjoyed very much.
(I have a small living room)I just bought a PSB SubSeries 150 (subwoofer) but when I got it, I knew I was in trouble.The sub has "only" RCA jacks. My Amp of course only has the speaker terminals and no other dedicated Sub  hookups.What is a bit irritating is the PSB "Owners Manual" indicated you could attach speaker wire to the sub. I then discovered they use the same manual for all their subs; possibly some of them do.Does anyone know a way to connect the amp and the sub? And would it be a method you would find acceptable or is it a horse it in job?Thanks for any and all help.

Hello 2468100,

No offense but the PSB Subseries 150 at $499 seems like a bit of a toy compared to similarly priced alternatives.  It only outputs bass down to 26 Hz and you want a sub that goes down to at least 20 Hz.
     I suggest you return it and purchase either one of these SVS subs, the PB-1000 that has a port, extends to 19Hz , has a 10" woofer and is 15"wide x 19" high x 20" deep or the SB-1000 that is sealed, extends to 24 Hz, has a 12" woofer and is 13" wide x13,5" high x 15.5" deep.  Both are $499 and have  both line level/RCA inputs and speaker level inputs.
Here's a link to both subs:
ttps://www.svsound.com/pages/subwoofers
     Either of these subs will provide significantly better bass performance than the PSB 150 and the connections to your PrimaLuna integrated via the speaker terminals are legitimately good methods. 
     I'm assuming you don't want a large sub and both of these would be classified as small to medium sized subs, which should be able to be located in an inconspicuous location or even as an end table in your room. 
     They both have the typical adjustable controls for volume, crossover frequency and phase to allow for a smooth integration of the additional bass power, detail and dynamic impact with your PSB speakers.
     You haven't mentioned if you use your system for just music or for both music and home theater.  If it's just for music, the SB-1000 may be the better choice since it's a sealed design and blend well in its detailed character with your sealed PSB Synchrony 1Bs.  If it's for music and ht, the PB-1000 may be a better choice since the bass extends a bit deeper on both music and ht. 
     If you have the room, utilizing two subs usually provides even further significant bass improvements in the areas of bass smoothness, detail levels, power, dynamics and impact.  SVS is currently having a small sale of $50 off when two identical subs are purchased, so a pair of either would be $950.

Tim
Thank you both for responding to me.As I mentioned I have a small room and was hoping to fit this toy (ha, yes it is) in and just pick up a bit more bass from the system.I now intend to return this unit and dig a bit deeper in to the hookup I would need for my PrimaLuna unit.One thing that bothers me is; even considering that this sub woofer had the proper connections (for my application) it appears PSB thinks it's OK to run a connection from the amp to the sub and THEN a connection continuing on from the sub to the system speakers. That type of connection would never occur to me. I would want to keep a direct connection to my current speakers and run another direct connection from my amp to the sub. Is that an electrical reasonable method?
Again thanks to you guys for taking a moment to respond to me.
As I see it you cannot use the subs with only RCA connection. In your case the only way to integrate a sub is thru the speaker terminals. A different kind of sub is needed.