Help Classe CA300 flashing Green Light

Ok, I am no techie and on my own since my husband is traveling this week.
so tonight, I poured a glass of wine, made a fire, turned on the HT, put in a movie and.....
my Classe CA300 goes from blinking red to blinking green and never works.
It was working fine just the other day - no changes to setup.
The manual is worthless.....
any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Angela
angela100

Showing 8 responses by angela100

ok, more data
If I play a DVD, the Classe driving the front speakers doesn't work, but the multi channel amp driving the center and surrounds does.
If I turn off the DVD player and set preamp to radio, the amp and speakers work.
What does this say? I think it says
the digital cable between the DVD and preamp is ok, or the multi channel amp wouldn't work.
that's as far as my patience would allow me to go.
thanks for the tips so far. When I get home from work today, I'll go through so more troubleshooting. I was just sick and tired last night and ran out of patience. I just wanted to "relax" and escape with a movie....
one more piece of data-
when I turn it all on without actually playing anything through the speakers yet, the Classe cycles - blinking red then stops at a solid red (how it is supposed to work).
If I change the preamp from the digital input to the radio, the Classe is fine and the front speakers work.
If I change the input to digital and try to play a CD or DVD, then there is a "pop" and the amp blinks green and is not working.
that's telling me that the speaker cables from the amp to the speakers are ok, right?
Isn't is also telling me that the digital input is ok, since the other amp and speakers play.
Are we down to the IC's between the preamp and amp or the physical connections on the preamp or amp?
off to take a shower and get in the rat race....
thanks to all
Hifir - it's on the bottom shelf of the rack 3 inches from the carpeted floor.

Lorne, it will work with the radio, so doesn't that say that the fuse and output stage and speaker cables are ok?

I sent an email to Classe this morning. Let's see what they come back with.

I hope that the amp is ok, I really love the sound and it is driving a pair of Innersound ISIS wonderfully.

All thoughts are much much appreciated! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
thanks, Bob and Lorne. We had just replaced our DVD a few months ago because the digital out took a dive - replaced with a newer version. Both Toshiba - this one is a SD6200.

I have taken the Classe out of the loop, but I think that I will put it back and see if it works ok with the VCR. I forgot to try that.

I'll try to give them a call Monday, if not in, I'll try again on Tuesday. It sounds like we are getting closer and it is beginning to sound like the Classe is behaving as it is designed - to protect the circuitry.

I'll be back - work - work- work... sheeeshhh.... :~}
(I really do appreciate all the help)
If I bypass the Classe and route everything through the Adcom - except that I had to swap out the Innersound ribbon center channel(I'm beta testing) for my old one - it works fine. The ADCOM couldn't handle the load with the Innersound in the chain (I also Innersound ISIS on the front) - kept overheating and I had to turn the volume down so low that why watch the movie -
I need to dig up the volt meter around here to check Bob's suggestion.
From what I understand, I would pull the digital cable out from the preamp and see if there is ANY DC coming out of the DVD player. Bob says none should be. Could that be tripping the Classe? How come it never did until now? It has been in the chain for 6 months or so.
Sorry to be such a pain, but I am trying.....
I think that I am just about done until my hubbie gets back.
I will try to measure the output from the DVD so that I can report in, but I have it functional-and I am getting beyond my confidence area now.
Thanks to all who have so graciously helped! I will post when we find out what the issue is and what Classe has to say.
ciao
ok, reporting in.
If I set the multimeter to measure for DC and I pull the digital cable out of the preamp (it is now coming out of the DVD player), have everything on and press play on the DVD so the bits are coming out the cable, and place both leads on the RCA plug of the digital cable- the reading is 0.00
what does that mean?
Thanks so much, Bob - I have sent you a detailed email. I am learning a lot on this exercise I must say! Cheers, QOv