HELP - B&W Naut. 805's good music speakers?

I've done a lot of searching on the threads and I've seen several discussions about B&W products. Most classified ads indicate that the B&W Naut. 805's are being used only as a surround speaker. My question is if this component will make a decent primary speaker for a music only system (especially compared to the B&W CDM9NT's??? which I've heard). I have a small room and will be using a PV-10 Conrad Johnson Pre-amp and a McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe amp. Need some help?? would other speakers be better @ $1600 - $1800???
whyt_rabbit

Showing 1 response by mlawitm

I started building my system with two 805's for my fronts and loved the Nautilus series so much I upgraded to two 802's for the front, HTM1 for my center channel and use four 805's for my rears. I mated this with an REL Stentor III and the results were mind blowing (literally). The Nautilus line is incredible, not only is the sound amazing but the look of the Nautilus is unsurpassed in the industry (IMHO). I agree with mgattmch regarding the female vocalists - Norah Jones is great as is Dianna Krall, Basia, etc.