Hegel viking CD player

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of the Hegel viking recently introduced CD player?

Is it worth 5k?

Thanks

mmsalem

samgar2

Can you talk about the issue(s) with your Mohican?

I added one to my system last week. SQ is excellent and compliments my AYRE integrated nicely. IMO, the Mohican has the advantage of a 1st geneation AKM chip. I can hardly await to read more on Viking.  Similar to the Mohican, how many players will Hegel build?

Happy Listening!

Had a problem reading discs, or would skip. Sent back to their repair facility twice and still had the same problem when it came back. SQ is excellent, however their tray loading the disc is flimsy as well. Perhaps it will not cause you any issue, it worked well for 2 years and then started causing trouble. Assembled in China, that might be the issue. Good luck with yours as the sound is quite enjoyable when it works.

@samgar2 -- my Mohican also recently developed some skipping after 3 years. I noticed it seemed to lessen as the player warmed up about 1 hour.

Spoke to the dealer who thought it could be a lubrication issue, the laser mechanism rides on two rails as it moves along the disc and if it sticks, it'll skip.

So after powering up, I hit 'next' a few times, then 'prev' a few times and it goes away. This is just till they send some instructions on how to lube it, I'm reluctant to ship anything fragile and seems the repair facility is in need of being repaired.

The latest situation is that the cd drawer will not open up. Then if I can open it, when I put a CD in and close it, it bounces back open. Big disappointment with a $5000.00 CD player.

I have pretty much scraped it out!

samgar2

Where did you send your Mohican to the Hegel repair facility? Location?

Thank You for sharing your story.

Happy Listening!