Hegel H590 integrated amp

What can I say?  This, especially for the money, and it's far from being cheap, is the best integrated amp on the market!!!  Immense power that can drive any inefficient speaker, including my notoriously hard to drive Revel Salon 2 speakers with authority, sublime sound quality, features to die for, superb DAC, built like a tank and is as reliable as heck.  The Hegel H590 is one of the very few, and I mean, very few, end-game integrated amps on the planet today.  And, the beauty of the Hegel H590 is that, it's so darned "OUTSTANDING" that you don't have to spend more or want for more.  The Hegel H590 is, without a doubt, the best value for the money when it comes to the current, ultra high-end integrated amps on the market.         

kennymacc

Showing 3 responses by kennymacc

You're absolutely right.  There's also a number of reference level, end-game, speakers, amps, preamps, DACs, etc., out there.  And, they're all like the many flavors of ice cream, and you get to pick your favorite flavor.    

Ain't life grand?      

I know. I wasn’t quite enthusiastic or passionate enough in my expression of extreme love and admiration for the Hegel H590. My bad, LoL!!!

I use the Hegel H590 strictly as an amp/preamp, for it’s superb power and sound quality. Although the H590 has an amazing (I’ve actually heard it) internal DAC, I opted to go with a superior DAC to the H590s DAC, my awesome external DAC, the Ayre Acoustics QX-5 Twenty Streaming DAC. As for Roon: I have a Roon Nucleus Plus with 4 GB of internal storage. As mentioned, my speakers are the amazing Revel Salon 2 speakers. The little system that I’ve managed to put together has rewarded me with immense pleasure and satisfaction. Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!