Hearing issue

I have been experiencing a systolic turbulence sound in my left ear before I am fully asleep. It sounds like a periodic subtle or mild rushing or whooshing pulsation along with a very faint heartbeat. I do not notice this when I am active and upright but only while waiting to fall asleep. Has anyone had these symptoms and/or been treated for it?

Several months ago, I had developed a fluid buildup in the same ear behind the eardrum which caused me to lose the hearing in that ear. It was due to an airborne allergy. I was advised by a nurse to take Sudafed and Afrin for three days. I did, it cleared up and my hearing was restored. No similar problem since until this the last few weeks.
kodak805

Showing 1 response by kodak805

I have used an ear wax softener on two alternate days this weekend. In between I irrigated with a bulb syringe and some luke warn water. This seemed to lessen the turbulence noise but not completely eliminate it.

Today I took Zd542's advice regarding equalizing pressure. This has eliminated the muffled sound of my own voice. I will not know if it did anything for the circulation sound until I retire for the night.

I do have sinus and allergy issues. The Great Smoky Mountain region where I reside is the airborne antigen capital of the U.S. If you Google this problem the causes are many from minor to very serious. I have a Dr. appointment scheduled for next week.