Have you ever deceived your wife-audio purchase

This could lead to a hysterical thread. How many audiophiles have come home with an expensive amp/preamp/and told their wife they bought it for practically nothing? Only to have paid 3-4K they had in their private stash? How many audiophiles have secretly installed a new "toy" in their audio system thinking their wife wouldn't notice. My old girlfriend thought anything beyond a boombox was excessive. Whenever I would upgrade my system,I would come up with some far fetched tale(lie) Would love to hear your story.......
krelldog
Yeah well, it is what it is. But as pointed out, there are advantages. If you look for them
Both of my ex-wives feel they may have been deceived by my audio and music purchases. They were confused and decided on taking a different direction.
Yes , I always lied.. But when drinking I would tell her the truth... Never do it! After that , it didn't matter how obscure ... cable, wire and cartridges were all noticed... I have slowed down buying but for a while it was perpetual..
Of course, "that old piece of junk i picked up cheap" or "i am testing out, probably wont get it" or " i will sell my old turntable or amp". THen there is the "slip it in the house and she wont know". I purchased my Universe and ZXY artisan preamp that way. I really think she knows but so far she hasnt called me on it. Now can i get away with the Mcintosh 275???
Zavato, I'm sorry to hear that and I hope you're feeling well.

I have nothing to hide. It's not worth it and my wife has been very supportive of this hobby. She enjoys music as much as I do. Its not uncommon for me to come home from work on a Friday to find her listening to music. It's my hobby but it's our system. She can use it as she pleases. That's what it's there for.