Harbeth

Thinking of a new compact design speaker for my bedroom system. Currently using cambridge audio ht receiver with quad 11L. Fine setup but just want a change. I'm considering Harbeth 7es-2 preowned with a YBA 201 integrated versus merlin tsm-mxe with ars filharmonia amp, I already own. The harbeth/yba combo with cost around the same as a new set of TSM-Mxe's. Anyone a/b'd these? I'm mostly into jazz/standard singers/acoustics.
jamesw20
I have owned the Merlin TSM-Se for a few months and the sound never got to me.
I now use the Harbeths and like them alot. So much that I now have the p3, Shl5s and the C7es3s.
Its hard to go wrong with the harbeths. They grow on you.
Got a pair of VSM-Mxe's on order as well as a filharmonia. Will put a pair of 7es-3's on sale to cover part of it. Hope I'm not making a mistake; the Harbeth's are sweet for vocals, somewhat light in the bass (not sure the Merlin/Bam is going to solve that), but quite musical without a trace of listner fatigue. I've heard nothing but good re: the filharmonia; only drawback is the wait. Oh well, it will give me time to get my act together and sell the 3's.
No Contest the Harbeths are superb--you cannot got wrong with those.

Current owner.
As always you get an owner based bias. Those that vote Merlin own merlin etc. Farmdoc, you will be very pleased with the bass the superbam can provide. Most of my friends look for my sub when listening to my vms setup. They will handle everything but the lowest lows. Filharmonia is a piece of art and quality. You won't be disappointed.