harbeth p3esr or usher be 718

hi,need a little help room dimension are 18ft by 15ft speakers will be set up along 18ft wall, 3ft away from front wall lisening distence 7ft. I listen to alot of nora jones and dianna krall. Which speakers would work better harbeth p3esr or usher be 718 any input would be very helpful,thank you Dave
dmastri

Showing 2 responses by moonlightaudio

I sell both. The Harbeth p3esr is $2195 in rosewood and is superb but won't play as loud as the 718s or have as much bass. The 718 goes for $2800 so in both cases you get your moneys worth. If you can stretch financially the Harbeth compact 7 es 3 is one of the best values in a loud speaker at $3500 a pair it will make you one satisfied audiophile. Plenty of bass plus the un-compromised superior vocals only Harbeths have. Few speakers are it's equal especially for your taste in music.
All the Harbeths will do vocals better than nearly any other speaker.
If you were to tie in a sub or two with the P3ESR you can make them an amazing speaker system that can play loud.

Give me a call if you want some help.

Neal
Sound Science
720 308 4000
The SHL5 are a great speaker but for a person who listens primarily to female Vocals I would still pick the Compact 7ES3 and if you had the budget add a sub or a pair of subs with the KRK ERGO to perfectly integrate the subs. If your tastes run to Classical and or Rock then the SHL5 is the better choice.

Neal